A British-Egyptian archaeological mission working in the Al-Kom Al-Ahmar area of the Upper Egyptian town of Edfu has discovered a pre-dynastic royal tomb of an unidentified king. A mummy found in the tomb belonged to a man who died in his late teens.
Several objects, including a statuette of a man, arrow heads and several combs are also among the finds in this tomb.
This find may shed some new light on the formative period of the Ancient Egyptian civilisation.
- Hierakonpolis Online - Tomb 72
- 5,600-Year-Old Tomb Unearthed in Egypt - Archaeology Magazine
- Archeologen ontdekken 5.500 jaar oud graf in Egypte - HLN.be
- Egypte : "importante" découverte d'une tombe et sa momie de 5 600 ans | The Times of Israël
- Exclusive photos: Pre-Dynastic tomb discovered in Hierakonpolis
- Pre-dynastic mummy discovered in Upper Egypt | Mada Masr
- Pre-dynastic tomb uncovered in Egypt's Edfu - Ancient Egypt - Heritage - Ahram Online
- Une tombe et sa momie vieilles de 5600 ans découvertes en Egypte - 7SUR7.be